Steve Sammartino, a Melbourne entrepreneur, and Raul Oaida, a self-taught teenage technology genius from Romania, that Steve met on the Internet, made a full size Lego car with an engine made also from Lego, that runs on air. The car was designed and built in Romania over 18 months and it was then shipped over to Melbourne in Australia. Project cost: $ 125000.
- The engine is made from standard Lego pieces and runs on air
- The engine has four orbital engines and a total of 256 pistons
- More than 500,000 Lego pieces
- Top speed around 20-30 km/h
- Built in Romania and shipped to a secret location in Melbourne
- It’s a Hot Rod design, mainly because hot rods are cool
In 2012, Raul Oaida sent into Space first Lego shuttle and sets world record